Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
mkaec
Veteran
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: Marc K

Replicate Configuration Version

Post by mkaec »

I recently upgraded the rest of our Hyper-V hosts from 2012 R2 to 2016. I have one Replication job in Veeam. I have upgraded the configuration version of all of the VMs from 5.0 to 8.0, except the _replica. When I attempted it, I got a warning "This virtual machine has online checkpoints or is in a saved state. This operation will discard all saved state information including saved states associated with checkpoints."

The original VM that is being replicated was upgraded to 8.0 and the replication job seems to run fine. Is it recommended to just leave the replica with configuration version 5.0?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Replicate Configuration Version

Post by veremin »

If you want to preserve current replica restore points, staying on old configuration version seems to be the only option. Otherwise, you can perform permanent failover, basically consolidating all existing restore points, and update configuration afterwards. Thanks.
mkaec
Veteran
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: Marc K

Post by mkaec »

Thanks. Preserving the old replica restore points was not critical. I ended up upgrading the configuration and let Hyper-V delete the restore points. Then I ran a replication job and it created a new restore point and has been running fine since.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Good to know. If you encounter any other issue, don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks.