Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Jean-Philippe
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Health Check Triggers

Post by Jean-Philippe »

Hello to the Veeam Comunity, does someone explain me (I've read hundred of times the following article : https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95) if an health check can be started by another way than a Schedule in a JOB ?

I mean, I have backup job with an Health check schedule every sunday and monday.
The Full Backup Synthetic + Transformation rollback occurs and start every saturday.
So I should not see any Health check message in the saturday job. By the way the job is not scheduled on sunday so the Health check should never be performed this day.
The Saturday job start on time and finish the sunday evening. I don't understand why I can see Backup files health check message in the last job status ?

Does something else than the Schedule can make a health check to start ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Health Check Triggers

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Jean-Philippe,

No, only the schedule determines when the health check should start.
In your case, it's Sunday, so when the Sunday comes at 12:00AM the Health check triggers and become a part of the running Saturday's job. Thanks!
Jean-Philippe
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by Jean-Philippe »

Thanks a lot Dimitry, so to be sure what happen if my saturday job ends at 23:59. Does the Health check start the sunday even if no more job are scheduled the sunday ?

If I understand the fact that the job is running or not do not matter for the health check to start ?
If I Schedule a backup job to run only each monday and in this job set the Health check on Thursday. No matter that the job is scheduled or not to run on Thursday, the Health check will start anyway, right ?

Regards,
Jean-Philippe
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Health check cannot be executed as an independent session, only as a part of the job.
Jean-Philippe wrote:If I Schedule a backup job to run only each monday and in this job set the Health check on Thursday. No matter that the job is scheduled or not to run on Thursday, the Health check will start anyway, right ?
No, the health check in this case will be executed at the end of the next Monday session. Thanks!