Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SteveLavoie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Lavoie

VMCE-A study material

Post by SteveLavoie »

Hi,
I just wrote VMCE after doing my VMCE class at VeeamON (awesome event by the way). I would like to do the VMCE-A exam, but I dont think my boss will pay for the training soon. Any suggestion for some study material?
BartP
Veeam Software
Liked: 62 times
Full Name: Bart Pellegrino

Re: VMCE-A study material

Post by BartP » 2 people like this post

Perfect opportunity to pitch my website, made especially for that!
Take a look on http://backitup.online
The site is made to help everyone study for their VMCE and VMCE-ADO. Including the one and only VMCE-ADO Practice Exam :mrgreen:
Bart Pellegrino,
Technical Account Manager - EMEA
karlochacon
Enthusiast
Full Name: Carlos Chacon

[MERGED] Veeam 9.5 Certification Exam

Post by karlochacon »

hi guys

I would like to prepare to take Veeam 9.5 Certification I was seeing is 50 questions and 70 minutes, apart from experience in a daily basics what el do you recommend to study?

thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Carlos, take a look at the link above; might be helpful. Thanks.
karlochacon
Enthusiast
Full Name: Carlos Chacon

Post by karlochacon »

how difficult is this test? my trainer said it was more difficult than vmware VCP :| :roll:
haslund
VeeaMVP
Liked: 149 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Post by haslund »

@Carlos: That is naturally subjective. The VMCE-ADO exam equal to VCAP level exams, whereas VCP equals VMCE level exam.
Rasmus Haslund | Twitter: @haslund | Blog: https://rasmushaslund.com
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Post by ober72 » 2 people like this post

BartP wrote:Perfect opportunity to pitch my website, made especially for that!
Take a look on http://backitup.online
The site is made to help everyone study for their VMCE and VMCE-ADO. Including the one and only VMCE-ADO Practice Exam :mrgreen:
Just wanted to say thank you for your web site Bart. I passed my VMCE ADO exam on Monday and it helped a lot.

As for advice, I would say this. The exam is tough but not impossible. You must learn all the material,that goes without saying but also be prepared to calmly think things through. This might be obvious but I have done a lot of IT exams where as long a you memorized the material more or less it was smooth going from there. For this exam you will have to know the material well, but then you will also have to be able to use it in complicated and not so clear circumstances. This is essentially emulating what you will get in the real world, where you might have multiple right designs but only one is the best. At least that was the impression that I got (I did celebrate quite ferociously after passing so things are a little fuzzy now :)

Don't know if that helps :) On the funny side at the end of the exam my head was moving fast and I pressed the end button, i.e. the ominous "are you certain you really really want to press finish?????" and then took my glasses off to rub my eyes, the result popped up and I could not make out the number or pass and fail for a few terrifying moments until I realized I had taken my glasses off :). Happy ending but it shows one thing the exam missed, i.e. architects should not take off their glasses!!!!
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
mibrown9954
Service Provider
Full Name: Michael Brown

Post by mibrown9954 »

What would be a realistic time line for preparing for the ADO exam? When I did my VMCE exam, I studied for a few months until I felt comfortable enough to take the exam. Just curious what others have experienced for this exam.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Post by ober72 »

Hi Michael.

I guess it all depends on how much time you have to study. Working full time this can be challenging. The exam was fair but not easy. You have to have a very good grasp of the knowledge to say the least and some of the questions were very tough. I did the ADO course at VeeamON in NOLA in May 2017 then took the exam in March (maybe April) 2018. Also of course what other commitments that demand you time (family etc) has to be factored in.

Either way good luck and I hope all goes well with your studies.

cheers
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend