Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
womble68
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Dutton

[FEATURE REQUEST] Windows Services Monitoring

Post by womble68 »

Hi, I'd like to request monitoring of services on Windows VMs. We currently make use of a service monitoring servers which is agentless from LogicMonitor, but I'd imagine something similar could be done using VEEAMOne, pulling the details via WMI I'd imagine, and simply reporting if a service is started, stopped - e.g. VMWare Tools, DNS Client, IIS Admin Service, etc, etc.. Potentially it could provide warnings for services which aren't started based on the startup type (e.g. Automatic startup, but service isn't running would indicate failed). Users could put in exclusions if they didn't want to monitor something.
I feel this would give us a single location to find this and the other information VEEAMOne offers in terms of metric information from VMWare.
I understand features are only developed on the basis of requests, so if anybody else is looking for something similar please comment below, hopefully this will get some traction and get sorted soon.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Windows Services Monitoring

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Stephen and welcome to the community!
Services monitoring is our road map, good to know people actually need it. Thanks for the feature description.
I understand features are only developed on the basis of requests...
Features come not only from requests, but we are always glad to receive a feature request, so keep sharing your thoughts with us.