Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
mike.bosco@dcsg.com
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Bosco

SCOM DEV management group

Post by mike.bosco@dcsg.com »

I currently have 4 collectors with SCOM agents that all point to a SCOM PROD management goup. I need a way to test new Veeam management pack configurations and versions using a SCOM DEV management group prior to implementing in a SCOM PROD management group. Is there a best practice for this from a nworks perspective? Generally speaking it is a relatively common practice for a SCOM agent to point to both SCOM DEV and SCOM PROD management groups. Any issue with this for nworks Collectors? Would it be better to dedicate a Collector and point this to SCOM DEV only.
vBPav
Expert
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Brian Pavnick

Re: SCOM DEV management group

Post by vBPav »

Hello Mike!

Typically, organizations will dedicate nworks Collectors to the Development Environment. It simplifies the Infrastructure and is super easy to accomplish by utilizing Failover Groups within the nworks EMS. Some environment will go as far as to deploy their own nworks EMS/Collectors for a development environment. This enables them to upgrade the development nworks Infrastructure independant of the production nworks Infrastructure when new product releases come out.

I'm not aware of any issues multi-homing nworks Collector agents for two different SCOM Management Groups.

Hope this helps!

-Brian
Brian Pavnick | Cireson| Solutions Architect

- Follow me on Twitter @ vbpav
- Reach me on e-mail @ brian.pavnick@cireson.com