Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
sabofx
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: sabo fx

Req: Over-ride max simultaneous connections to repository.

Post by sabofx »

When restoring a VM, I need the option to over-ride the default max number of simultaneous connections to the repository

Currently a single value configured on the repository determines the max number of simultaneous connections to the repository for both backup and restores.

Alternatively, I need an option to specify the maximum number of simultaneous connections to the repository for backups and restores separately.

@forum members: If you like my suggestion, please add comment to make this topic a priority for Veeam developers.

@veeam support: Do you think this feature might be implemented? :roll:
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Req: Over-ride max simultaneous connections to repositor

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Why not to edit the value manually prior to performing a restore operation? Also, how many disks do you want to be able to restore in parallel?

Thanks
sabofx
Influencer

Post by sabofx »

PTide wrote:Why not to edit the value manually prior to performing a restore operation?
Two reasons:
1) Risk of forgetting to change the value back to the original state after the restore job has finished.
2) Because the same value would also impact any backups that might be in progress, at the time of a restore request.

For example:
CONFIGURATION: Allow 1 simultaneous connection to repository
SITUATION: I'm in the middle of processing a backup job of multiple VMs, when I receive the request to perform a high priority restore.
(Temporary) increasing the number of connections (to allow for the restore to take place) would result in the backup jobs using the additional connection to simultaneously process the next backup.
PTide wrote:Also, how many disks do you want to be able to restore in parallel?
This depends on the performance/capacity of the repository, network and hyper-visor.
sabofx
Influencer

Post by sabofx »

@PTide:
Now that I've provided more details in response to your questions, would you be so kind to re-address the issue?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

The request has been noted, however there is no estimate of when (if) this is going to be implemented.

Thanks