Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jmc
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: jmc

VMware Tools Quiescence fallback

Post by jmc »

hello @all,

we have the problem, that some vm's get the "VMware Tools Quiescence" error and the job failed.
Is there an option that veeam fallback to NOT ENABLED Quiescence and finished the job without quiescence?

thx
jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: VMware Tools Quiescence fallback

Post by veremin »

Have you enabled both "try application processing, but ignore failures" and "ignore script execution failures" options? Thanks.
jmc
Service Provider

Post by jmc »

hello,

this options are only for application-aware-processing (awp). i want to get a fallback by quiescence without awp.

for some linux and windows system i don't need application aware and for other that's impossible. but i want to quiescence the vm.

thx
jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If those VMs are running applications that do not support Microsoft VSS, but still need to be quiesced, why not to leverage pre-freeze, post-thaw scripts for them? Thanks.
jmc
Service Provider

Post by jmc »

the most servers - windows and linux - are controlled by other administrators and veeam doesn't have access to filesystem. the admins knows about the scipts, but they are sometimes unable to create working scripts. in this case i get an error and the job failed.

it would be nice to get a warning, but the job continues.