Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
HMwkr
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Cloud Connect error - Failed to obtain storage quota ...

Post by HMwkr »

Hello All

We're seeing this intermittently but not infrequently on more than one backup copy job. We've only just moved to Cloud Connect, but had been doing our own remote WAN-accelerated backup copy jobs without problems, for a couple of years, so this is disappointing.

a) anyone else seen this recently? - a quick forum search suggests this was discussed and eventually resolved in 2016. Yet our setup is up-to-date.

b) when the error occurs, the job is stuck and so doesn't generate a failure alert; when I notice it hasn't completed, it can't be cancelled, and Veeam services won't stop, so I have to reboot our Veeam server. Anyone else found a workaround or an easier recovery tactic?

Details: Case #02388568
Failed to obtain storage quota. Waiting has timed out. Failed to perform data backup. Reconnectable protocol device was closed.
Failed to obtain storage quota. Waiting has timed out. Failed to download disk. Reconnectable protocol device was closed. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

We were advised by our provider to add this registry setting, but it didn't help:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\
Name: BackupSyncMaxRetriesPerOib
Type: REG_DWORD
Decimal value: 21

Thanks in anticipation
Regards
William
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Cloud Connect error - Failed to obtain storage quota ...

Post by veremin »

As I can see, there has been new CC support engineer assigned to your ticket, and investigation will continue, once the missing logs are uploaded.

Kindly, update the topic, once the final resolution is found (for the convenience of future readers).

Thanks.
HMwkr
Enthusiast

Post by HMwkr »

v9.5 update 3 RTM for service providers has been applied; I am told it may resolve this issue.

Here's hoping.

Looking forward to v10, which I am told has significant improvements in this area, and others in which I am interested.

W
csinetops
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: csinetops

Post by csinetops »

Have you contacted your CC vendor yet? I saw this error once a year or two ago in our jobs. Contacted my CC vendor and they resolved a issue on their end. No issues since then. I've been using CC since it first came out, only 2-3 issues in that time.

Just a idea.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

v9.5 update 3 RTM for service providers has been applied
Just to be sure - at which end has the Update 3 been applied? SP's or yours? Thanks.
HMwkr
Enthusiast

Post by HMwkr »

> v.Eremin: at the provider's end.

> csinetops: yes, I saw reports on this forum from over a year ago, of what looked like the same problem or very similar, apparently leading for a resolution, so I was surprised to encounter this problem now.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

As far I could understand, the ticket was finally resolved. So, did the issue go away, after applying required antivirus exclusions, installing Update 3, etc.? Thanks.
HMwkr
Enthusiast

Post by HMwkr »

As each day goes by without a failure, the likelihood increases that the problem has been resolved, in which case, whatever the provider did, including presumably applying Update 3, is likely responsible (I haven't yet applied the a-v exclusions because of other priorities and because our system has been doing remote backups fine for years without these exclusions, and because I wanted to see if the issue was between the provider and Veeam).
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Understood, kindly, keep us updated on the results of your findings, and re-open a ticket, if the issue re-appears. Thanks.