Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
emmablisa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: emma blisa

How to design UI using Automation Anywhere?

Post by emmablisa »

i'm planning to create a simple program that would automate the process by searching the dynamic list inputted and provided by the user and export it to Excel file.
The challenge is How to create UI using

Automation Anywhere Application, that would accept adding the input value from the user like same controls in .Net (buttons, textbox, messagebox, etc...)

Does anyone knows how to attain it?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: How to design UI using Automation Anywhere?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello emmablisa,

It's possible to automate VAW deployment and configuration via Configuration API but it's available only in paid edition.
jamesmillere
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Millere

Post by jamesmillere »

Here are some general steps you might take to design a UI using Automation Anywhere:

Open the Task Editor and select the "Web Recorder" feature. This feature allows you to record actions performed in a web browser, such as clicking buttons or filling out forms.

Use the Web Recorder to record the actions you want to automate, such as navigating to a website, logging in, and filling out a form. You can also use the "Object Cloning" feature to create a new task based on an existing task.

Once you have recorded the actions, you can use the "Command Center" feature to edit and customize the UI. The Command Center allows you to add new commands, such as "If-Else" statements and "Loops," to control the flow of the automation.

Use the "Variables" feature to create variables that can be used to store data, such as login credentials or form data.

After you have finished designing the UI, you can use the "Test" feature to test the automation and make sure it is working as expected.

Finally, use the "Run" feature to run the automation.

Please note that the steps above is a general overview of the process and might vary depending on the specific requirements of your automation.
Thanks
James Millere :D
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

James,

This thread is quite old and I am not mistaken was started before we've introduced Agent Management functionality in Veeam B&R. Now it's not the only option to centrally managed and deploy agent, you can also try Veeam Service Provider Console. Hope it helps!
jamesmillere
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: James Millere

Post by jamesmillere » 1 person likes this post

Ohhhh, I didn't check it, actually It was showing on top position here in my account, I did answer. So finally I wasted 40 minuets for nothing, hahhaha.
Thanks
James Millere :D