Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

Stop immediately and Gracefull stop job

Post by baber »

Hi

i have read veeam user guide page 419 , 420 about difference between stop immediately job and gracefull stop job

but has question about that :

1- i select stop immediately on my job when veeam get snapshot from machine now after it has been stopped when i see in my repository there is a backup file with name dns.70D2017-11-27T102015.vbk and the size is 30MB now i want to know can i use from this backup file or this is not usefull?????

2- i select force gracefull on my job when veeam get snapshot from machine now after it has been stopped when i see in my repository there is a backup file with name dns.70D2017-11-27T102943.vbk and the size is 17.7GB now i want to know can i use from this backup file or this is not usefull?????

BR
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Stop immediately and Gracefull stop job

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

1. Since you used "Stop immediately", the job terminated instantly, thus the restore point is not usable.
2. In case of "Gracefull stop" the VMs that has succeeded to process and VMs that are being processed will have usable restore points. If you have only one VM in the job then it will be usable.

Thanks
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

you said "If you have only one VM in the job then it will be usable." but i create a backup job that include 2vms and start job and after create snapshot from vms gracefull that job and it was successfull
is tat correct ?
PTide
Product Manager

If the job had started processing both VMs before you pressed "Stop" then both VMs can be restored from the backup.
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

so thanks
now if in my job there is 2 vm and when start job on of them will be process now
while stop gracefull the process of vm1 will be finished and restore point is usefull and process of vm2 will not start ??

is that correct ?
PTide
Product Manager

Yes, that's correct. If you gracefully stop the job before it gets to processing of the second VM, only VM1 restore point will be useful.

Thanks