Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 172 times
Full Name: Michael

Update 3 - Upgrade issue

Post by mcz »

Hi everybody,

I've tried to install update 3 but I'm not able to answer the first question. When I click next, the installer asks me for username and password for a local admin account but I cannot type in the username because the textfield seems to be locked (I can see LocalSystem there but can't set the cursor). If I click next or type in any password, I get a error message.

Any idea?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Update 3 - Upgrade issue

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Michael,

Do you have a screenshot of the observed behavior?

Thanks!
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz » 1 person likes this post

Hi Vitaliy,

is there any possabilities to upload a picture? Meanwhile I have solved the issue together with the support team (case # 02431533) and I would like to post the solution here on the forum to help other people who might have similar issues.

So the support engineer told me that the Veeam ONE services basically run under a account which has been specified during installation. In our case, the services run under the local SYSTEM account and therefore you won't have the password. So if you change the user for the services (using a domain account which has admin privileges on your local os) you will be prompted to type in the password during the installation and can continue. So this was half of the way to get the product installed because we had another issue when the installer tried to access the database and couldn't because the user I used wasn't listed there and I couldn't remember which user I used during the initial installation.

Running Microsoft's Management Studio as local admin didn't help because this admin had no access to change any username/password or add any new credentials so I did the following:

Run cmd under elevated permissions and use sysinternal's psexec (please download it):

psexec -s -i cmd

You then get a new command prompt which runs under the local SYSTEM account and then you can start Management Studio ssms (browse explorer for the correct path). We were then able to set all the permissions needed for the useraccount being able to access the veeam ONE database.

Hope this information will be helpful for others. As always, veeam support is fantastic (I think it's the best support in the world) and I would like to say thank you for your efforts!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Michael, Thanks for sharing the solution. I will forward your appreciation to our our support management team.
miguelsousa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Miguel

Post by miguelsousa »

After installing Update 3 can't connect to server - always get "can't connect to Veeam One Monitor Server specified in options",

Even tried a new install with a new database - it works with update 1 - after applying update 3 it goes the same path of can't connect to server

Ideas?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Miguel, do you try to connect using local Veeam ONE Monitor Client or the remote one?
miguelsousa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Miguel

Post by miguelsousa »

Hello, local Veeam One Monitor Client
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In this case I would suggest to ask our support team to review this live over the quick WebEx session. Usually this issue happens, when Monitor Client version does not match the Veeam ONE server version. In your case all looks correct.
remko.de.koning
Enthusiast
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Remko de Koning

[MERGED] Upgrade problem Veeam One 9.5 Update 3

Post by remko.de.koning »

Hi guys, I am trying to upgrade Veeam One to the latest version.
The installer shows the following message.
Although I have tried to change the Veeam One Monitor Server service from LocalSystem account to a regular admin account, this does not make a difference.
What do I need to do in order to correct this?

Thanks,

Remko
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Remko, please try to change the account for other product services as well and contact technical support in case this doesn't help. Thanks.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz » 1 person likes this post

If I remember correctly, you'd have to use the same (admin) account which has been used for installation of the product. If it doesn't help, you could open a ticket and refer to case # # 02431533
remko.de.koning
Enthusiast
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Remko de Koning

Post by remko.de.koning »

Hi Remko, please try to change the account for other product services as well and contact technical support in case this doesn't help. Thanks.
This might be a problem as the product was originally installed when the Backup Server was a domain joined machine. Per recommendation the backup server was disjoined from the domain later on.
I did manage to update B&R though to the latest version.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Remko, AFAIK it shouldn't be a problem to run veeam on services under a local user (which has to be a admin) allthough it has been previously installed by a domain user. As I said I had the same problem and resolution should be documented in the mentioned case.