Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Marco31
Influencer
Liked: never

Backup with "mixed" schedules?

Post by Marco31 »

I would like to schedule a backup Job with a mix of "Daily at this time" and "after this Job". Like first backup of machine A at 10:00 in the morning and second backup in the evening after Job xy is done.
Is this possible?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup with "mixed" schedules?

Post by foggy »

No, this kind of complex scheduling is not possible unless you involve some scripting and Windows Task Manager. What is the reason for this, probably we could advise some workaround based on what you're trying to achieve? Automatic resource processing should do its job nicely, so using job chaining is not generally recommended.
Marco31
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by Marco31 »

The Reason is that we backup our Exchange VM twice a day. I chained the backups of our VM's because we have a small Infrastructure (11 VM's on 2 Hosts and 1 physical Backup Server) and i think that backing up more than one VM at the same time will bring the disks of our backup Server to Limit (7.2K SATA at Raid5).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can limit the max number of concurrent tasks on the proxy or repository to avoid resource contention, this is a more recommended approach to load control.