Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
fbroussey
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Frederic BROUSSEY

Strange Behaviour after install...

Post by fbroussey »

Hello,

I 've a strange behaviour after the installation of veeam BR. The install is OK but when I want to launch it, i get a message saying : "Veaam BR service is not running. Please start the service and click retry", but all the veeam services are started :( !!!
I tried to uninstall/reinstall but same issue. The OS is Windows 2008 SP2 x64 and the account used during the installation is member of the local administrators group. The server is a Virtual Machine with 4go RAM and 4vcpu.

Do you have any idea about whats happened ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Strange Behaviour after install...

Post by Gostev »

Hi, most likely some 3rd party software like software firewall or antivirus is blocking interprocess communication. Thanks.
fbroussey
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Frederic BROUSSEY

Post by fbroussey »

Hi Anton,

Thanks for your answer.

For now we don't have any AV Software (I plan to install it after Veeam installation :D ) and I try to deactivate the windows Firewall with the same result.

Any other idea ?

Regards
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

No, I have no other ideas, except may be some strict domain security settings affecting this. Try performing clean OS install and leaving your server in a workgroup, and see if it helps. We are using clean OS installs when testing our products internally, so there could not be any miracles really when all OS and product bits are the same - if it works in our lab, it should work anywhere else too. Thanks.
smile_dav
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Post by smile_dav »

I've had this problem before and have solved it.

In my environment, we changed the Veeam backup server's IP, then the error appeared.
Just make sure you check your IP is manually configured, the host tables are pointing to the right places, and all the Veeam services are ran with Local account. Then stop all the Veeam servers including the Enterprise Manager and reboot, should solve it 8)

Hope this helps.