Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
govi
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Govinda Naik

missing Microsoft OneDrive backup target option

Post by govi »

Hi Guys

During recent VeeamONE Dubai Forum it was demonstrated that new update 3 for Veeam Backup and Recovery 9.5 Update will have option to backup Windows Agent PC on One drive for Business. I have installed new update 3 on Veeam Backup and Recovery 9.5 server today but unable to see any option to backup Windows PC on One drive for Business. Will it be available in Veeam 10? or I am missing something some option in Update 3.
This was most awaited feature for me. Just to reduce some burden on storage space.
Thanks,
Govi
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Backup and Recovery 9.5 Update 3 mising feature

Post by foggy »

Hi Govinda, this functionality is available directly in Veeam Agent for Windows 2.1 released along with the Veeam B&R v9.5 U3.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Govinda,

Please keep in mind you need a paid license of Veeam Agent for Windows to get full access to the feature, since the free edition of VAW provides operating system backup only.
You can look at editions comparison here. Thanks!
govi
Enthusiast

Post by govi »

Hi DGrinev

Thanks for information. Currently I am evaluating product Backup and Replication 9.5 with Windows agent. When I downloaded this product I was provided with trial Key. Even if I have trial key for windows agent its not possible to try this feature i.e backup windows agent on one drive for business.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

govi,
Even if I have trial key for windows agent its not possible to try this feature i.e backup windows agent on one drive for business.
Direct backup to OneDrive is a feature of standalone agent deployment. It is designed primarily for personal use at this time. If you want to test it, please use installation of Veeam Agent for Windows 2.1 which is unmanaged by Veeam B&R 9.5 U3 server.
govi
Enthusiast

Re: missing Microsoft OneDrive backup target option

Post by govi »

Thanks a lot. I love this forum since I get answers to all my queries Immediately. :)