Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
JaySt
Service Provider
Liked: 75 times
Full Name: JaySt

9.5 u3 - Converting to centrally managed agents

Post by JaySt »

i've updated a VBR environment to 9.5 update 3 which also had some (licensed) Windows agent jobs running.
A few questions:
Is it true that i cannot "convert" existing agent jobs to the "Managed by server" mode? So i have to recreate jobs to be able to centrally manage those?

Another thing i noticed:
I manually upgraded the agent from 2.0 to 2.1 on a Windows server. The VBR 9.5 update 3 server/console was not aware of that after i did that manually and the VBR server initiated the upgrade again after rescanning and adding the agent to a protection group.
After i created an agent job with mode "Managed by server" and ran it for the fist time, it started an agent rescan first. During the rescan, i can see an agent upgrade is performed again. Strange...

I'm trying to figure out the impact when converting to a centrally managed agent configuration coming from individual agent jobs.
Veeam Certified Engineer
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: 9.5 u3 - Converting to centrally managed agents

Post by Dima P. »

Hi JaySt,
JaySt wrote:Is it true that i cannot "convert" existing agent jobs to the "Managed by server" mode? So i have to recreate jobs to be able to centrally manage those?
Correct.
JaySt wrote:I manually upgraded the agent from 2.0 to 2.1 on a Windows server. The VBR 9.5 update 3 server/console was not aware of that after i did that manually
Veeam B&R should install the Installer service to the agent which previously was installed in standalone mode (this service is responsible for communication between agent and Veeam B&R).