Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Matt_AGGORA
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Matt Humphries

Unable to Raise a Support Ticket

Post by Matt_AGGORA »

I have raised a support ticket previously, but now it asks for a Support ID and when i enter our Support ID it just goes red and returns:
Only License and designated Case Administrators can open support cases. Please contact your license administrator to change the permissions. Otherwise, you can still open a case by calling us. More info is available here.
How did I manage to do it last time? What has changed? Why is it so difficult to get support considering we are paying for it and I am clearly from the company that is paying for that support and have dealt with Veeam support previously.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Unable to Raise a Support Ticket

Post by veremin »

Back in March we made this change to improve identity management:
Gostev wrote:For all paid customers with active maintenance agreements – we have made a change for better identity management around interactions with our Customer Support that is very important to be aware of. As of last week, only License Administrators and designated Case Administrators can open support cases via the Customer Portal. Case Administrators can be designated by the License Administrator in the Customer Portal under Support > Case Administrators. This allows companies to easily designate people who are allowed to open cases with Veeam on behalf of their organization.
So, chances your account doesn't have one of the said roles assigned.

Who's owning the contract for your organization (most likely, the same person is your License Administrator). You can also try to reach your license representative or open a ticket over phone.

Thanks.
Matt_AGGORA
Novice

Post by Matt_AGGORA »

It certainly sounds like that, but back in October I raised a support ticket and got the issue addressed. Now... I can't.

I have tried logging in as the company contact, but it says
This user is not registered, please proceed with registration.
I have sent an email off to the company that installed it over 6 months ago, but it's a long shot.

Making a phone call these days is frustrating. With remote call centres and phone queues it's a painful thought. I'll do it as a last resort.

EDIT: Company has come back and said I should be able to make a support ticket with my registered account. Still unable to create a support ticket with my registered account.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Guess this explains why they said you *should* be able to ;) please call our support and they will sort this out for you and update the system. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

It certainly sounds like that, but back in October I raised a support ticket and got the issue addressed. Now... I can't.
May be someone's changed the portal access setting after that. Anyway, I've notified our support team about this behaviour, so, they are likely to chime in soon and clarify the confusion for you. Phone option is still preferable, though (time wise). Thanks.
Matt_AGGORA
Novice

Post by Matt_AGGORA »

I have found the 'Talk to a manager' option and within ten minutes, someone called me back. Spoke to a pleasant chap and he explained they changed their support system recently and it now requires the main contact to create an account, which links with the listed main contact. I have done this and added myself as a case administrator.

Thanks for your effort, I think this should be sorted now.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Good to know the situation has been finally clarified. By the way, you were able to raise a ticket back in October, because the ticket was given evaluation support (you seem to have chosen Evaluation option from the product list). Thanks.
Matt_AGGORA
Novice

Post by Matt_AGGORA »

Ah, I wasn't aware I had done that.

The ticket has been raised and I have managed to fudge the backups through by sheer grit. Will work on the issues tomorrow. At least I won't have any portal issues going forward.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Great, should other help be needed, don't hesitate to let us know.