Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Fatboy40
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Clive Arnold

Ports To Publish/Static NAT for Internet Access to Proxy?

Post by Fatboy40 »

I've an off-site web-server, running Windows, that I'd like to backup to our Veeam B&R 9.5 server. My intention would be to setup a new proxy with proxy affinity set to a single new repository (with a username and unique password) so no other repositories are exposed, and then setup a static NAT on our firewall to the new repository and finally backup the remote server with the agent.

I've looked at the Veeam documentation, however I'm not certain of the exact bare minimum ports I'd need to setup a static NAT against for the new proxy. Is someone able to confirm it / them for me.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Ports To Publish/Static NAT for Internet Access to Proxy

Post by foggy »

Hi Clive, as far as I can get your scenario (backing up a physical server using Veeam Agent for Windows to a Veeam B&R repository), you do not need a proxy at all, just the repository.
Please review this user guide section and feel free to ask any additional questions.
Fatboy40
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Clive Arnold

Post by Fatboy40 »

Thanks.

If it's just port 10001 then that makes life easier.

However I'd still like to run the agent against a published proxy rather than the backup server itself, so that the backup server is not exposed to the Internet. Is this possible?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If you want to store backup files on a Veeam B&R repository, you need connection to Veeam B&R server (at least for management traffic).
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz »

Fatboy40 wrote: However I'd still like to run the agent against a published proxy rather than the backup server itself, so that the backup server is not exposed to the Internet. Is this possible?
What about using VPN-connections?