Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
yowmemperor
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Feature Requests

Post by yowmemperor »

We would love an option for a consolidated 24 hour email report, rather than a report for each job. As of now, we get a slew of emails from B&R.

I would like to be able to restart a failed backup without having to restart a whole job thereby snapshotting all VM’s within that job. For example, I would like to right click on the failed vm/item in the lower left pane, and select a ‘retry’ option.

In the lower pane where errors appear, it would be helpful to right click and open the applicable log files to the failure or warning, or at least a more detailed error window. As of now we have to manually find the log files, and fish though until we find that data we are looking for.

When editing a backup job, and configured to back up VMWare storage folders, it would be nice to double click the folder listed in the “Virtual Machines” section to quickly view what is included. Perhaps excluded VM’s could appear as a different color.

If I've missed something and can can do any of these now please let me know.

Matt
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Re: Feature Requests

Post by nmdange »

If you right-click the job itself and select "Retry" instead of "Start" it will only back up the VMs that failed from the last run.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Matt, thanks for the feedback. Consolidated report is available in Enterprise Manager.

Also, in future please create a separate topic for each feature request to prevent mess during the further discussion. Thanks!
yowmemperor
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by yowmemperor »

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Is there a way to get that export sent via email every day? The user can just go to the web interface, but it would be a nice feature. Especially for Manager or Directors who are already swamped.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

You can schedule a daily Latest Backup Job Status report in Veeam ONE to be sent via e-mail.