Liked: 5 times

Agent Licenses and Enterprise Manager

Post by jochot »

Hey,

So I have an Enterprise Manager and 3 Licenses
1. 38x Hyper V
2. 15x Windows Agent
3. 2x Linux Agent
I added the HyperV Licenses, for that I went into my.veeam.com and merged the 5 licenses I have for HyperV so I have one License file with my 38 licenses
For the Agents, I cannot merge them (at least I do not see any option for that), when I add the first one (15 Licenses) in Enterprise Manager, to the "Agent for Windows" Tab it gets those 15 Licenses.
Now if I click on the "Agent for Linux" Tab an install the 2nd license (2 Licenses) it overwrites the 15 Licenses.
I want the Agent for Windows to have 15 Licenses and the Agent for Linux to have 2 Licenses

I know I somehow did this before, but I just don't get how as there are no other options.
I cannot merge them but they overwrite each other anyway.
cpfleger
Certified Trainer
Liked: 44 times
Full Name: Claus Pfleger

Re: Agent Licenses and Enterprise Manager

Post by cpfleger »

Hello,

maybe open up a license case in customer portal (https://cp.veeam.com)?
I'm not sure but maybe the license files need to be merged the same way as it is necessary when you have different lic files for VBR with VMware and Hyper-V?

Regards!
Claus
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,
jochot wrote:I added the HyperV Licenses, for that I went into my.veeam.com and merged the 5 licenses I have for HyperV so I have one License file with my 38 licenses
For the Agents, I cannot merge them (at least I do not see any option for that).
It’s not required to merge Agent for Windows and Agent for Linux licenses. As a quick workaround try to download both license files, open them via notepad and copy the content from one license to the end on another file (make sure you don’t modify the content). Give resulting file a name and save it with .lic extension. Try to add this new file into Enterprise Manager.
jochot wrote: For the Agents, I cannot merge them (at least I do not see any option for that), when I add the first one (15 Licenses) in Enterprise Manager, to the "Agent for Windows" Tab it gets those 15 Licenses.
Now if I click on the "Agent for Linux" Tab an install the 2nd license (2 Licenses) it overwrites the 15 Licenses.
This behavior is not expected. May I ask you to submit a support case and share the case ID please?
jochot
Expert
Liked: 5 times

Post by jochot »

The License file is created wrong,
in the "Windows" license file, it shows 15 licenses for Windows and 15 for Linux
in the "Linux" licenses file, it shows 2 licenses for Windows and 2 for Linux
Support Case #: 02471146