Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jochot
Expert
Liked: 5 times

One Job for VM and Agent

Post by jochot »

Hey,

I have a Mixed environment (who doesn't) but for Auditing, It would be easier to have all the auditing-relevant machines in one Job.
Is it possible to include VM's into a Protection group (B&R 9.5 Update3) and thus having them all in one Job?
Or is it that, when I include the VM's into the Protection group, they are handled like a HW machine (so installing remote agent and backup via that instead of the Host)?

I guess it's not possible, or that I need a license for an Agent for that VM, but I wanted to ask, thanks :)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: One Job for VM and Agent

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hi jochot,
jochot wrote:.
Is it possible to include VM's into a Protection group (B&R 9.5 Update3) and thus having them all in one Job?
In general, it’s not recommended to protect your virtual machines with agents (unless this vm cannot be protected by vm backup job). Protection group allows you to protect hosts with agents, however it's impossible to add VMs from protection groups to vm backup jobs.
jochot wrote: Or is it that, when I include the VM's into the Protection group, they are handled like a HW machine (so installing remote agent and backup via that instead of the Host)?
Yup.
jochot wrote:I guess it's not possible, or that I need a license for an Agent for that VM, but I wanted to ask, thanks :)
Agent license is required.