Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
withanh
Veteran
Liked: never
Full Name: Darhl

Custom Linux recovery media won't boot

Post by withanh »

I created a custom recovery boot iso, but when I test booting from it, it stops at "Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...[ 2.412547] MXM: GUID detected in BIOS"

Any ideas why I can't boot from this recovery iso?

Thanks!
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Custom Linux recovery media won't boot

Post by PTide »

Hi,

What drivers did you add to the recovery? Also, is your system UEFI-based? If so, then did you use --efi option during ISO customization?

Thanks
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Ultimately I want to do a full machine recovery.

I created the custom ISO on the Linux box (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) with this command line:
sudo veeamconfig config patchiso --efi --input /usr/src/veeam-recovery-media-2.0.0.400_x86_64.iso --output /usr/src/ubuntu16.04-LTS.iso
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Please contact our support team directly so they can look closer.

Thanks
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

It won't let me create a support ticket.

It says I need a support ID, however the site is across town that I don't currently have access to so there is no way for me to find it. I tried entering my Support ID from my VBR license (VMware/Hyper-V) but it says that ID is for the wrong product.

*Edit:
I connected to another system that is running Veeam Agent for Linux and do not see where to get the Support ID from it, so even if I had access to that system, I'm not sure how to get the Support ID.
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Well, I was able to finally find the Support ID but it was pretty painful to locate.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Sad to hear that. What would be you suggestion for a better Support ID placement?

FYI: Support case for VAL can be opened even without active support subscription.

Thanks
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

Honestly my suggestion would be to make it obvious. I never found it in any of the installed Agents I have. To find it, I signed into my account, went to my licenses, saw the Veeam Agent line, there was a link to create a support ticket, so I chose that and was able to get a ticket created.

And I just went to look at the ticket because I hadn't heard back on it and see that there are no tickets created on either my sub-account, nor on my company's main account. Very frustrating.
withanh
Veteran

Post by withanh »

I just created a new ticket for it, ticket # is 02479674