Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Veeam agent specific volumes only

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

Running B&R 9.5 U3, I want to add a physical Windows server with the Windows Agent installed to the B&R console and manage it from there. This physical server has iSCSI luns connected to it and I don't want them to be backupped since those are part of the SAN replication. I do want a imagelevel backup of this server so that I can restore it with the recovery disk. The iscsi luns will be reconnected after the restore.

My question is: when I select full server as the backup method does it include the iSCSI volumes also? If it does then I can't use this option. But when I select specific volumes only, how do I make sure that the Windows system volumes are also being backupped when I enter C:\ as the volume? When you configure the Agent locally you have the option to browse the volumes and set a checkmark to include the system volumes (which don't have drive letters) also. When setting up the job from the B&R console, you don't have the option to include the system volumes.

Franc.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam agent specific volumes only

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Franc,
FrancWest wrote: My question is: when I select full server as the backup method does it include the iSCSI volumes also?
Yes, iSCSI volumes are included in case of Entire Computer backup mode. Please use volume level backup instead.
FrancWest wrote: how do I make sure that the Windows system volumes are also being backupped when I enter C:\ as the volume?
Whenever you include operating system volume system partitions are included automatically.