Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Hauke
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Hauke Ihnen

Windows Agent switching backup target itself

Post by Hauke »

Hi,

I have an issue with the latest Windows Agent.
It is installed on an Surface Pro 4, with drive C: internal SSD, drive D: microSD card slot, drive E: USB3 external hdd connected to the Surface port replicator.

I configured the Agent (standalone) to backup the full computer to the USB harddisk E:. This is working very good, but D: not included. But thats okay for me.
But:
As soon the backup is starting with the USB Drive disconnected Veeam agent is switching over to save the backup files to D: by itself! But D: is to small, and the Agent is trying to backup again and again and again...
Even after connecting the USB drive again Veeam is continuing to backup to D:. So backup is broken now and will never be successfull again until I manually reconfigure the Agent to backup to E: again.

So, the question is: How can I tell the Agent to NOT change the backup target to D: by itself? :roll:

Thanks,
Hauke
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Windows Agent switching backup target itself

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Hauke,

Looks like you've registered both devices as removable media. Click the Settings tab, then click the Manage registered storage devices and unregister the device you don't need as a removable target for your backup job.

Hauke
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Hauke Ihnen

Re: Windows Agent switching backup target itself

Post by Hauke »

You are right, found it.
But I never added it myself, is Veeam adding all removable drives during setup?