Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
skafen
Novice
Liked: never

Should I upgrade 9.5 to 9.5 U3

Post by skafen »

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new Veeam user. Had B&R 9.5 Essentials Build 10xx I think for about 6 months now and very happy with it.

My question isn't really technical. Just simply that I've had the notification that 9.5 Update 3 Build 15xx is out. Our system works just fine so should I update it? I've read the features list. There's nothing we need right now. We live in a patch or die type culture now but I also believe in a bit of common sense and don't fix if not broken school of thought.

If I go down that route, will this affect my upgradability later and can I skip versions in future. e.g. Update 1 to update 4 or V10 etc. Or if I don't upgrade do I 'fall out' of support not running the latest version.

Cheers

James
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Should I upgrade 9.5 to 9.5 U3

Post by Shestakov »

Hi James and welcome to the community!
It's up to you, v9.5u3 has been released for a month and it's pretty stable.
One day v9.5 will become unsupported (~ when v11 is released), but for now If you don't upgrade it will not affect your upgradability and support.
Thanks!
skafen
Novice
Liked: never

Post by skafen »

Hi Shestakov,

Thanks for for your input. We plan to keep up with major releases when we need them, e.g. when our 2008R2 servers expire and will likely get replaced with 2016.

James
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Sounds good.
Keep in mind that u3 was pretty big and next big release will probably be v9.5u4. So at least keep reviewing the release notes.
Thanks!