Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
badams
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Bert Adams

Guest processing

Post by badams »

Hi everyone,

During the setup when I get to guest processing and credentials, I use the same credentials I have used all along. I run the test, and it fails every time. I get a warning on checking standard credentials and a red x on Connecting to Guest OS on RPC. Also, Testing Admin Share Accessibility via RPC and Cannot Connect to the Host's Administrative Share. Any thoughts?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Guest processing

Post by veremin »

Has anything changed for this account recently? Can you manually (not via backup console) connect to administrative share, using the given account? Thanks.
mriksman
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mriksman »

This is what I am seeing.

I used my personal, domain admin account when I first setup. Backups seem fine - no errors - but I haven't tried a restore yet (it's on the list of things to do....). Log/report says that SQL logs were truncated (which I presume is related to Application Aware processing)

But I decided to create a standalone account. So I made it a domain admin member as well (as I saw this is required for DC backups), and went to modify the 'Guest OS Credentials'. I clicked Test Now, and all of them have;
A warning next to 'Checking Standard Credentials'
A red cross next to 'Connecting to guest OS via VIX Error: Cannot upload file ...'
A red cross next to 'Testing admin share accessibility via VIX'

I tried my personal account again, and I too get the same warnings/errors.

So - the test fails, but the backups work...?

I read somewhere, to try using the standard DOMAIN\Administrator account to get around UAC. I tried this and _most_ of them now pass. Well - Windows 2012x64 and Windows 7 does. But my 2 Windows 2008R2 still fail (although these are Honeywell PCs and as part of their installation, may have extra security policies/settings enforced on them)...

Any ideas? Am I missing anything critical with these errors, but the backups are 'working'?
mriksman
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mriksman »

Ahhh. Nevermind. Everyone should read this post;
https://forums.veeam.com/vmware-vsphere ... 25964.html