Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rntguy
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rnt Guy

Uninstall 9.5 U3 possible?

Post by rntguy »

Hello,

Is it possible to rollback update 3? we have a ticket open to resolve an issue but the customer hasn't had backups in a few days now and at this point considering rolling back just to get a clean backup in case it's U3 that caused the issue.

Thanks
rntguy
Enthusiast

Re: Uninstall 9.5 U3 possible?

Post by rntguy »

Just an FYI - the issue is that veeam suddenly cannot connect to their local data domain repository. If you go to properties it sits there "retrieving storage info" indefinitely. The DD is up. I can connect and it has plenty of space. I've rebooted the DD and the VBR server and each of the proxies.
Iain_Green
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Iain Green

Post by Iain_Green »

As long as you have a SQL and config backup, you should be able to roll back. When upgrading i take a SQL and Config backup then a snapshot of the SQL and backup server (assuming they are VMs in your case).

Raise a ticket and support should be able to advise the best way, or attempt to resolve your DD connection.
Many thanks

Iain Green
rntguy
Enthusiast

Post by rntguy » 1 person likes this post

Thanks. Good to know for the future. Fortunately we didn't need to. Turns out the DD had no problem with the server name and IP change that occured last month until the Veeam Server was upgraded to U3. Not sure how it was related but we had to update the allowed-clients list in the DD as the * entry was no longer working.