Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
lelsrud
Novice
Liked: never

Error when configuring backup job.

Post by lelsrud »

Hi all.
I have a problem with veeam agent.
i tried to install the agent remotely from B&R console, but I didnt know that the paid version was needed. So I uninstalled the software from the workstation and reinstalled the free-version.
Now when i try to connect to a B&R repository, the agent tells me that no repository was found, and that the system administrator manages this.
Does anybody know how I can fix this? It works fine from all the other computers, but not this. I suspect of course that it has something to do with the remote B&R installation of the agent, but cant find any way to fix it.

Thank you in advance.
bhottor
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Error when configuring backup job.

Post by bhottor »

I have the same issue but used a work around... instead of mapping to the REPO on the Veeam Server, i mapped directly to the CIFS share which contains the repository. That works for now until i find a solution. Still troubleshooting the root cause
for this.

Hopefully, this helps you for the time being.
nitramd
Veteran
Liked: 85 times

Post by nitramd » 1 person likes this post

It almost sounds like a permissions issue. Have you checked the repo to ensure that the client has permission?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Now when i try to connect to a B&R repository, the agent tells me that no repository was found, and that the system administrator manages this.
Yup, looks like permissions on the repository. Please check the access permissions like described in this Help Center article.