Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
hybbris
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: NMZ

Veeam 9.0 U1 remote console installer

Post by hybbris »

Hello,

I have a problem with my Veeam B&R 9.0 U1.
> Veeam is installed on a Windows Server 2008R2 VM and i have a backup job with a Windows 2012 R2 VM with deduplication enabled.

Yesterday, i wanted to restore some files to the windows 2012 R2 VM form the Veeam server (Windows 2008 R2 VM), but Veeam tell me : "This update can only be installed on Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0 GA (9.0.0.902) or higher"
> Normal because deduplication doesn't exist in Windows 2008R2.

So, i tried to install Veeam B&R Console 9.0 U1 on the Windows 2012 R2 VM, to directly restore files locally.
> I do not find the full installer of Veeam 9.0 U1, only the update which can be installed only on a Veeam Server (right?).
> I just want to install the remote console on a windows 2012R2 VM.

So, i imagined to update my Veeam server to 9.0 U2, and try to download the full 9.0 U2 installer to deploy remote console. But i cannot find it.

Could you help me to install only the 9.0 U1 Console ? or the 9.0 U2 Console maybe ?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Veeam 9.0 U1 remote console installer

Post by DGrinev »

Hello,

You can find previous versions of the product on the portal - veeam.com
Press Log in at the top right corner of the screen, then click My Account -> Product downloads -> Previous versions of Veeam products. Thanks!
hybbris
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: NMZ

Post by hybbris »

Hello,

You explain me how to download full version 9.0 GA, and/or the Update 2 (311 MB).
I really have to install full version + update 2 ?? i only want to install remote console 9.0 U2 on another server, not install veeam server.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Hi,

You can download the package version 9.0 and choose to install only console from the setup menu. Thanks!