Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
ABonkeGBT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas Bonke

Feature Request - Choosing volumes for Agent Backup with B&R

Post by ABonkeGBT »

When formerly configuring a volume level agent backup with the free agent, I could choose the volumes to backup and had the option to "show system and hidden volumes" to unselect the recovery partition.
After Update 3 I bought the agent licenses to configure all my hardware backups in the console together with my virtual environment. Configuring the backup of volume C:\ from my storage server I recognized that I had to type in the volume and have no option to unselect the recovery volume. So the backup ran into an error. After submitting the support case the provided solution was to reinstall the agent on the local system and configure the backup there, which is the same state I had before buying the license... :shock:

Please bring back the "choosing volumes" dialog from the agent backup to the console so that I have the advantage I wanted to when I spent the money for the licenses...

Thanks in advance!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Choosing volumes for Agent Backup with

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andreas,

Just to make sure I understood your request right. You want to have an option to exclude system (or recovery) partitions even though you are backing up a system volume, is that correct? Thanks in advance.