Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sarbaron
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Adam Baron

Enterprise Manager and Catalog Replication

Post by sarbaron »

Hello All,

We are in the process of installing a new instance of VBR for our production environment - we had a very small instance previously, and everything was on one box (Enterprise Manager, VBR, Proxy & Repository). The new install is splitting this all out.

The problem I have is that the new install of Enterprise Manager connects to the existing VBR server, picks all the details up from running jobs etc, but when you are select the "Files" tab and search for the VM name, it returns nothing. The previous Enterprise Manager install does...

After a little digging I have discovered that the catalog is not syncronising, giving me the following error:
Time Type Information
15/05/2013 13:03:35 Success Starting catalog replication job.
15/05/2013 13:03:36 Success Replicating data from the server "backup03.xxx.xxx".
15/05/2013 13:03:37 Error Failed to replicate catalog data from the server "backup03.xxx.xxx".
15/05/2013 13:03:37 Error Export sessions is disabled on federal catalog server.
15/05/2013 13:03:38 Success Catalog replication job finished.
I have checked firewalls etc, and it appears to be nothing to do with that, any and all help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Enterprise Manager and Catalog Replication

Post by foggy »

Adam, you need to uninstall Enterprise Manager from your existing Veeam B&R server first, it prevents other Enterprise Manager instances from getting information from the backup server.
sarbaron
Service Provider

Post by sarbaron »

Will do - I should have thought about that - I disabled the proxy, but never thought of un-installing...
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

It would be much appreciated if you could get back and update the thread on whether this helped for future readers. Thanks.
sarbaron
Service Provider

Post by sarbaron » 2 people like this post

Even after un-installing the Enterprise Manager software from the original server it did not replicate. I did notice that on a fresh install of Enterprise Manager the Veeam Backup Catalog module, and this was still present on the VBR server - so I tried to un-install it. This module is also used by the VBR software, so the un-install failed!

As a test I stopped the catalog service, and ran a sync from the new Enterprise Manager server, and it just sat waiting, but did not fail - so I started the service again on the VBR server, and the sync worked!

In short: Un-install Enterprise manager, restart the service on the VBR server and job's done!
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

sarbaron wrote:In short: Un-install Enterprise manager, restart the Veeam Catalog service on the VBR server and job's done!
Adam, thanks a lot! Important add-on that I've missed in my post.
BladeRock
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Naumov Andrey

Post by BladeRock »

Good day.
Did anyone try to solve the problem without reinstalling Enterprise Manager?
BladeRock
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Naumov Andrey

Post by BladeRock »

Maybe I did not read the forum carefully. I solved the problem. The role of Enterprise Manager should be on only one server. I deleted this role on the source server and Enterprise Manager and Catalog Replication worked.