Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
jim7jim
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jimbo James

Latest backup file to tape

Post by jim7jim »

Hello, I'm evaluating Veeam and trying to figure out if the Std Edition will work for me. I'm using a D2D2T strategy. Since the Std Edition only allows File to Tape Jobs, I'm trying to configure the latest backup file only to be copied to tape. I'm running a full backup on Sat and incrementals Mon-Fri. Is there a way to select just the latest backup file to be written to tape? We take our backups offsite nightly. TIA.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Latest backup file to tape

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Actually, this is exactly how file to tape job will work in your case:
<...>If it is a first job run or a scheduled full backup, all selected files are queued for archiving.
If it is an incremental backup run, Veeam Backup & Replication addresses the Tape Catalog in the Veeam Backup & Replication database to detect if any data has been modified since the latest backup. Detected changes are queued for archiving.
Just let it go incremental daily, and it will grab all files that have changed/appeared in the selected folder. With reverse incremental mode you should also apply file masks to avoid transferring .vrb files.

Thanks