Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
andriktr
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andrej

Reseted Network settings

Post by andriktr »

Hello,
recently started to play with veeam agent backups for faileover cluster.
I have 2 Hyper-v vm's Win2016 with configured Fileover cluster bettween them and clustered file server resource.
I can successfully backup and restore both VM's using BMR , but for some reason networks setting of both VM's are being reseted after restore and instead of configured network adapter (with IP, netmask, DNS) i have blank config with "obtain an IP adress automatically".
I performing BMR restore to another blank VM's with same config. During restore i'm not restoring cluster quorum and resource disk as this disk are connected to clustered VM's via Virtual ISCSI from another VM wich is configured as ISCSI target and these disks are visible only on OS level (this solution only for sandbox :D ).
Any suggestions on this?
Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Reseted Network settings

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andrej,

Sorry for the delay. Did you create the Recovery Media created from the backup of this cluster node via Veeam B&R console? Thank you.
andriktr
Enthusiast

Post by andriktr »

Hi,
Yes I did it for both machines otherwise I will be not able to perform BMR recovery.
Also when I look at network settings in BRM revovery wizard (Network Storage Tab - Configure Network setting) I see correctly configured NIC.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andrej.

Machine should be restored as is with all the settings preserved (including the network configuration). If that’s not working as expected, kindly, submit a support case and share the case ID in this thread. Thank you.
andriktr
Enthusiast

Post by andriktr »

Did one more test backup/restore without iscsi. Now used shared vhdx (stored on CSV) between clustered VM. During restore all disks were restore. Unfortunately get same result :( NIC configuration is reseted.
Going to create support case and will share case number soon.
andriktr
Enthusiast

Post by andriktr »

Registered case #02635522