Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
ottagono
Lurker
Liked: never

How force incremental backup

Post by ottagono »

Hello guys,
I'm using Veeam Backup for Linux, I just update to the 2.0 version. My backup job is failing because it's trying to make a full backup (and there is not enough free space). Is there a way to force the incremental backup? Here is my list of backup: https://ptpb.pw/AJwl

I don't understand why it's trying to perfom a full backup, I set a restore point of 36

Thank you
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: How force incremental backup

Post by PTide »

Hi,

This might be related to a bug that has been recently discovered. Please contact out support team directly so thy can confirm.

Thanks
ottagono
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by ottagono »

I tried open a case (#02553939) but unfortunately they cannot help me because I'm using Arch Linux. :(
zyrex
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by zyrex »

I seem to have the same problem, I took a full backup yesterday, and today it started a new full backup, which of course failed due to not enough space.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Hi,
I took a full backup yesterday, and today it started a new full backup, which of course failed due to not enough space.
Did you update the agent before doing the second backup, or sequential fulls occured on the same version of VAL?

Thanks
zyrex
Enthusiast

Post by zyrex »

PTide wrote:Hi,

Did you update the agent before doing the second backup, or sequential fulls occured on the same version of VAL?

Thanks
I updated the agent on the 4th, it seems. And I manually started a new full backup on the 14th, with a new full on the 15th instead of incremental.
veeam-release-deb:amd64 (1.0, 1.0.1)
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Does it start incrementals now, or it keeps going with fulls? If an update from 1.0.1 to 2.0 took place between the 14th and 15th then it is a known bug. However, it should not keep doing fulls, it has to continue with incrementals. If the Agent keeps doing fulls then you should contact our support team directly.

Thanks
zyrex
Enthusiast

Post by zyrex » 1 person likes this post

Disregard my post, user-error this time. :oops:
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Thanks for getting back with that! Would you elaborate on the "user-error" please, maybe we could improve something to ensure that in future nobody will make the same error? :)

Thanks