PierreFGDK
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Pierre M. Kodiak

Feature request - make editor aware not stopping the job

Post by PierreFGDK »

Hey there

I'm a newbie in Veeam Backup.

I've just had a 1.5TB backup copy job stopped, as I wanted to give it more scheduled time today... but when editing a job, it would be great, if you could make the "editor" aware of not stopping & starting the job, when ONLY the schedule has changed, as to not stop/abort the current copy progress, but instead just continue, and check the new shcedule, if copy job is now allowed to run. I've wasted 25 hours worth of copying to cloud repository :cry:
or
you could make the "editor" ask the user, if he really wants to edit, as that will ABORT the current copy progress - and tell the user to use XYZ (if there is a way to allow scheduled job to run outside the schedule temporarily).

Best regards
Pierre
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Pierre.

Thank you for your feedback!
PierreFGDK wrote:if copy job is now allowed to run. I've wasted 25 hours worth of copying to cloud repository
You can disable the running job, make the desired changes and then re-run it again.
PierreFGDK
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Pierre M. Kodiak

Re: Feature request - make editor aware not stopping the job

Post by PierreFGDK »

Hello Dima

Would it not stop and start the job then?

Luckily the job didn't throw the progress away, so it started, where it stopped/left off, and has now finsihed the 1.5TB. :-) Phew. Many thanks to the Veeam crew.

Newbie :-) for now...

Best regards
Pierre