Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
DaStivi
Service Provider
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Stephan Lang

Agent Backup Policy periodically scheduling issue

Post by DaStivi »

Hi, i found another issue with the agent mgmt.. when disabling periodically scheduling in the backup policy the option is still set on the clients, as every client ist starting at the same time...
i've disabled it because Veeam agent woke up notebooks in the bags! instead i enabled backup, on Lock and when backup target is connected and not more than once every 24h ...

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Agent Backup Policy periodically scheduling issue

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Stephan,

Have you applied the backup policy? You can right click the policy and hit apply now to send the updated configuration to the client side.
wayne7215
Influencer
Liked: 7 times

Post by wayne7215 »

We have exactly the same problem. The scheduled flag will never get deactivated on the clients. The new flags for "Lock" and "When backup target is connected" are well written down to the clients, but the schedule flag is not cleared and still active.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello wayne7215, sorry for the delay.

Have you tried to reapply the policy once again? After you change backup configuration it must be delivered to the client side - you can either apply configuration now or Rescan the participial host (as a part of Rescan procedure Veeam B&R compares the backup job configuration).