Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
CloudSP
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Brian D

Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.RestoreText}.

Post by CloudSP »

Community,

We have a client we're backing up into our Veeam Cloud Connect server using the Veeam Windows Server Agent on Windows 2012 R2 Standard which appears to error out.

We're trying to backup the entire server, to ultimately convert to a VMDK and host as a virtual machine. When we kick off the backup within the Availability Console, we get the following error:

Error: File does not exist. File: [RelativePath:\Backup Job DC01\Backup Job DC012018-03-12T182245.vbk].
Failed to restore file from local backup. VFS link: [summary.xml]. Target file: [MemFs://frontend::CDataTransferCommandSet::RestoreText_{e1e18fb5-95b3-40ca-bc41-61ab5bd2a8ce}]. CHMOD mask: [0].

The backup does proceed and we get, what seems to be 100% of the entire server; however, when we convert it to a VMDK, directly into our VSphere ESXi server, booting the VM states - can't find an operating system. We've converted several backups to VMs without any issues, so I know the steps I'm taking are-as recommended. My thought is there is something the agent isn't getting during the initial backup to cloud connect that is essentially stopping me from running the image as a VM.

Any help would be highly appreciated!
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.RestoreText

Post by nielsengelen »

Best would be to contact support here as the log snippet isn't that self explaining.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen