Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Giacomo

Refresh catalog after Veeam VM restored

Post by Giacomo_N »

Hi all,

yesterday I try to update from 9.5U2 to 9.5U3 and during update the disk went to 100%.
I've shutting down the Veeam VM (Veeam VM running on dedicate ESXi free outside the production clusters) and I've extended the disk.
After that I turned the VM on and a blue screen appear with "registry corruption" message.
I've restore the VM from datastore snapshot (Nutanix), everything now it's ok, also the upgrade to U3.

The only thing that I've lose it's the yesterday night backup from restore points on VM list, because the VM it's restored from a snapshot at 15 March 11AM,our backup procedure starting at 8PM.
The data it's present on data store because the backup complete successfully.
Is it possible to refres/update/catalog the datastore? I've try the backup repositories->rescans , but doesn't help.

Thanks in advance
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Refresh catalog after Veeam VM restored

Post by foggy »

Repository rescan should pick up all the backups available in the repository, so I suggest checking it once again and contact support if you still do not see the latest restore points in the backup console.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Giacomo

Re: Refresh catalog after Veeam VM restored

Post by Giacomo_N »

Thank you foggy for the reply, I've just check and now the data it's present, probably during w.end the catalog refreshed.