Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
timqldc
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: tim richards

multiple backup folders

Post by timqldc »

Hi all

Im hoping someone can help. We had to move the backup folder for one of our backup jobs from one repository to a different one. But we forgot to click on the 'map backup' link when changing the repository so when the job ran next instead of going in to backup folder it created backup folder_1.

Our question is is there a way to merge the folders so we can get rid of the backup folder_1 folder?

many thanks
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: multiple backup folders

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Usually when you migrate data to another repository and open the Veeam Job to select the other repository, Veeam will do a rescan and finds it´s backup files there and use this folder from now on (wihout to create the _1 folder).

I can not exactly say why this did not worked in your environment. Maybe it is a windows access rights problem or something else (backup file transfer not completed?).
Please speak with support so that they can look at it.

Likely you will find your old backups under "Backup - Disk (Imported)". They usually can not be merged with the new chains.
Dra60n
Novice
Full Name: Simplicjusz Smoczynski

Post by Dra60n »

Hi,

I know it's been a long time since you post this but I was wondering if you were able to resolve this problem....

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Simplicjusz, what specific issue do you have?
Dra60n
Novice

Post by Dra60n »

I re-configured my backup copy jobs to use a new repository. I copied all backup copy files to the new repository, performed a re-scan and edited Backup Copy jobs to reflect the change. But now instead of placing new backup files into "Backup\Backup Copy" folder Veeam puts them into new "Backups\Backup Copy_1" (this folder has been created automatically). The restore points do not get removed automatically from the old location ("Backups\Backup_Copy").
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Have you mapped the job to existing backup files after repointing it to the new repository?
Dra60n
Novice

Post by Dra60n »

No, I haven't.
Dra60n
Novice

Post by Dra60n »

Well... I edited Backup Job to change repository but I haven't clicked "Map backup". Is there any way to merge 2 backup folders now?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

No, but you still can map the job to the original chain to continue it. After some time the part of the new chain can be manually deleted.