PowerShell script exchange
Hazenet
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mads Fog Albrechtslund

PowerShell problem, different result than Veeam Console

Post by Hazenet »

Hi All

I am working on a small report, that should list the combined backup storage usage, per backupjob.

When seen in the Veeam Console, I have 11 Backup Jobs (no Backup Copy Jobs or Replication Jobs).
One of these 11 Backup Jobs has SQL Transaction Log Backup enabled, so in total I have 12 "jobs".

But if I run "Get-VBRBackup" in PowerShell, I get 13 jobs.

And it seems as if one job is there 2 times, with only a single space character in difference:

DK-INF (PROD) - Image-Level-Backup_Daily
DK-INF (PROD) -Image-Level-Backup_Daily

That job in the Veeam Console Backup Job list and in the Backups Disk view is called "DK-INF (PROD) - Image-Level-Backup_Daily"

Why would the PowerShell command return something that is not in the Veeam Console?
And how would I "cleanup" so the PowerShell command returns the correct list of Backup Jobs?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: PowerShell problem, different result than Veeam Console

Post by veremin »

PowerShell takes information directly from configuration database. Most likely, there are obsolete entities present in product db. Thanks.
Hazenet
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mads Fog Albrechtslund

Post by Hazenet »

That is understandable, but would the Veeam Console not be using the same Database?

Anyway, how to clean up this issue?

Or is there a way in PowerShell to go from a VBRJob object to a VBRBackup object?

As the Get-VBRJob returns the correct list.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

There is an additional logic built around UI. Thus, the experienced discrepancy.

To clean up stalled references open a ticket with our support team and let them modify configuration database.

Thanks.