Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Only the last job will be logged in Veeam B&R console

Post by pronto »

Hi Community,

we backup some physical servers (Windows agent) with Veeam B&R Enterprise and all servers are managed by the backup server. In the reports, however, only the last job appears. Is there a possibility to get a complete history or a certain number?

Thx in advance & Bye Tom
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Only the last job will be logged in Veeam B&R console

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Do you refer to manually generated reports, or to the reports that you get by email? Also please clarify, whether you want to get "the latest N-jobs' stats", or "the latest N-sessions stats of a partucluar job"?

Thank you
pronto
Expert

Post by pronto »

Hi PTide

I already meant the manually generated reports, I did not configure an e-mail notification. Also meant were the last n-sessions of a particular job. This happens with all jobs involving physical agents and all physical agents are managed by the backup server...

Thx & Bye Tom
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Tom,

Can you please provide me with a bit more details, so I could understand your scenario? Do you want to run some analyses against this data or show to your end users that every Agent has X number of successfully created backups?

We have another product that allows creating on demand reports for VMs and Agents, that's why I wanted to make sure that your use case can also be addressed (if not in the existing version, but at least in our future updates).

Thanks!
pronto
Expert

Post by pronto »

Hello Vitaliy,
Vitaliy S. wrote:Can you please provide me with a bit more details, so I could understand your scenario? Do you want to run some analyses against this data or show to your end users that every Agent has X number of successfully created backups?
Normally, only the status of the last session of a job is displayed in the job overview in the B&R console. This is not a problem as long as you check the backup every day but already on the weekend you may miss the status of a session. Of course, the whole thing becomes even more urgent during the holiday season.

An overview of all, or at least enough, sessions of a job is currently displayed for all VM backups or replication jobs in a manually generated report. So you have an overview of the status of the last running sessions. This helps especially in times where the backup is not checked daily or to optimize the backup time window.

However, at least for the physical agent backups, only the status of the last session is displayed in the manually generated reports. This is of course suboptimal, because you possibly no longer notice any problems.

Thx & Bye Tom
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Tom,

Thanks for clarification, this really helps. For now, I can suggest taking a look at Veeam ONE reporting capabilities for Agents and VMs. If you have Veeam Availability Suite, then this product is included in the bundle. I understand that this is another product and it might not be convenient as opposed to having this functionality in the B&R, but this report can be scheduled on daily basis and should give you more visibility on what's going on with the jobs.

Thanks!
pronto
Expert

Post by pronto »

Hi Vitaliy,

Does this mean that a report history for agents with the Veeam console is basically not possible or would that be an alternative proposal? If it should actually work, I would rather solve the problem than installing a new tool and only work on the Sympthom.

Thx & Bye Tom
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Yes, it turned out that it's a bug, we will look into that closely. For now I can suggest you sticking with email reports so you don't miss important info. Also you can view long-term job history in the "History" node in VBR UI.

Thanks
pronto
Expert

Post by pronto »

Hi PTide,
PTide wrote:Yes, it turned out that it's a bug, we will look into that closely. For now I can suggest you sticking with email reports so you don't miss important info. Also you can view long-term job history in the "History" node in VBR UI.
thanks for your reply. I will work with the email notification for the next time. This also has the advantage of being informed over the holidays when something goes wrong.

Thx & Bye Tom