mark.roberts
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Roberts

Veeam B&R 9.5 U3 - Synology Linux Repo issues

Post by mark.roberts »

Veeam Community Forums Digest January 8 - January 14, 2018

THE WORD FROM GOSTEV
It's been 4 weeks since we've made Update 3 for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 generally available, so I owe you an update on the common issues we're seeing in support after 30'000 downloads. Basically, there are only two commonly reported issues so far. First one is with the UI being slow/unresponsive on some nodes in large backup infrastructures. This one is caused by a few sub-optimal SQL queries, and it appears that most of these issues existed even before U3. Anyhow, our support has the hot fix in hands and it's been validated in a couple of "tough" environments already, so we're pretty confident about this one.

The second issue is with certain Linux-based repositories this one is not straightforward, and while something definitely broke - we can't confirm it in-house on the repositories we have, so this must be some distro-specific issue. Last I heard, the theory was that it is specific to Synology NAS users who made changes to enable our Data Mover to run directly on the box. So, this issue is still being investigated.

- Is there any word if this is still an issue as noted by Gostev? I am one of those people that use the Synologies as Linux Repos and am curious if this is still an issue. I know it leans to the unsupported side and not a Veeam issue and all. Just looking for some feedback or an update.
l.vinokur
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Leonid Vinokur

Re: Veeam B&R 9.5 U3 - Synology Linux Repo issues

Post by l.vinokur »

Hi,

Any updates? We are using Synology as the main backup repository and I have not updated to update 3 because of this post.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Seems like there's a private fix available for this issue. Please contact technical support and refer to Issue #123263 (Case #02431628). Thanks.
l.vinokur
Enthusiast

Post by l.vinokur »

Thanks, will do!
l.vinokur
Enthusiast

Post by l.vinokur » 1 person likes this post

Just a follow-up for those who find this thread / subscribe for updates.

I have contacted the (awesome) Veeam support team and they told me that the fix for Synology as NFS is included in update 3a.

I have not done the upgrade myself yet, but I will update after the upgrade is executed - not planned for now.