Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
doodleman99
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Doodle Man

Bitlocker

Post by doodleman99 »

With Update 3, there is added support for the free windows agent to integrate with B&R.

As per :
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=21
We are able to use FLR to recover bitlocker encrypted volumes which is great!

But why are we not able to deploy the agent to machines in exiting jobs which gives us the ability to use FLR or Application aware recovery?
The only way to recover these servers is via an instant recovery and manually copy the data from the recovered vm onto the live. it seems like Veeam have already done the hard work but are yet to intergrate this into B&R?

Is this something we can expect to see any time soon?

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Bitlocker

Post by Dima P. »

Hello doodleman99.

I am not sure I understand your request. With managed by backup server or managed by agent jobs it should be possible to perform the file level recovery or application level recovery via Veeam B&R console. Can you please describe your scenario? Thank you.
doodleman99
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Doodle Man

Re: Bitlocker

Post by doodleman99 »

If you try to do FLR on a bitlocker protected vm you will get an error stating that the disk is not supported because it can't mount the volume and read anything from the disk.
When you use the windows agent, there is an option to enter the bitlocker key as per https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=21

All of our backups reside within a single Daily backup job. My question/request was, if there is functionality for this already available - when will we see this integrated into regular veeam backup jobs/recoveries without needing to create a standalone backup job per object using the agent.