Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
YorkITGuy
Novice
Liked: never

Trouble Adding Hyper-V Host

Post by YorkITGuy »

I'm having an issue adding one particular Hyper-V host. (2008 R2) I have successfully added other Hyper-V hosts. These are standalone Hyper-V hosts; no SCVMM. When I try adding it from the Veeam console it just hangs forever at Detecting previously installed components..... I then manually installed the Veeam Data Mover Service, Veeam Hyper-V Integration Service, and Veeam Installer Service by browsing to the \packages directory on the Veeam server from the Hyper-V host. All services installed and are able to start. I am still unable to add the Hyper-V host into the Veeam console though. Still getting the same "Detecting previously installed compnents......" message that just hangs forever. I am able to telnet from the Veeam server to the Hyper-V host on port 6163. Anyone have any ideas?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Trouble Adding Hyper-V Host

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
try the opposite - remove all Veeam components from the host and then add it to console again.
Previously installed components may prevent the installation, specially if they are of earlier product version.
Thanks!
YorkITGuy
Novice
Liked: never

Post by YorkITGuy »

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that as well, but it still just hangs at "Detecting previously installed components..."
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

If you are sure you have checked everything and there is no Veeam components, I would suggest to contact the support team.
Once you do, please provide your case number here.