Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
joespirit88
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Joe Spirit

Feature request: SQL Log Backup reverse connection

Post by joespirit88 » 2 people like this post

Hi, I recently raised a case(Case # 02697053) regarding some issues I was having backing up sql logs from a VM in our DMZ.

After looking at the logs what we found was that when performing the log backups there is an agent on the VM that attempts to send the logs to the repository.

This is an issue for us as the VM is located in the DMZ and ideally we don't want to be allowing exceptions from DMZ back to LAN.

As LAN to DMZ connectivity is allowed it would be good if we could have the option to have the connection initiated from the repository or management server and pull the logs rather than the agent push.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Feature request: SQL Log Backup reverse connection

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Thank you for your feature request! Have you considered using either a dedicated log shipping server located in DMZ thus providing additional outpost between the VM in DMZ and LAN, or using VIX connection for log shipping?

Thanks
joespirit88
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Joe Spirit

Re: Feature request: SQL Log Backup reverse connection

Post by joespirit88 »

Sorry I should have specified we are using Hyper-V, we also have only a couple of SQl servers in the DMZ so a dedicated log server would be a bit overkill. We would also still need to open up the firewall from the DMZ to LAN for the shipping server.

Thanks