Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
jcerrato
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: JOHN CERRATO

Any update on Veeam 0365 V2 or Beta

Post by jcerrato »

All,

I asked my Veeam SE and he said today there is no word on when its going to be released or a Beta copy. Could someone advise me asap since I don't want to go another company for 0365 share point/One Drive backups. I currently use 1.5 for exchange 0365 backups daily and it works awesome.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Any update on Veeam 0365 V2 or Beta

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi John,

First: Welcome to the forums!
We are already deploying a technical preview to a limited amount of testers. We do would like to see this more open but since I need to keep tight control over it and be able to assist customers if something goes wrong, we only have a small set of slots. A beta is in the works, release is still foreseen end of Q2. If you need assistance on convincing someone inside the company on what v2 brings, send an email to your SE, he will know where to find me and I'm sure we can work something out ;-)

Cheers
Mike
jcerrato
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: JOHN CERRATO

Post by jcerrato »

Mike,

could I be added to the testers ? I have 6 years experience with Veeam B&R and been using v 1.5 since Jan 2018. I was told this software would be release end of Q1 . Now its wont till June or July even for beta?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

John,

As said above, you need to contact your SE for the technical preview. There is a more public beta coming a bit later but that will take a few more weeks (but way before June or July :-)). We are aiming (and have said) to release end of H1 (not Q1) and we are on track for that.