Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
hery.scs
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: hery

Backup stopped by jobs

Post by hery.scs »

hi,

I have a single backup job to tape and have 9 servers in the job. I notice one of the server was failed on backup process since it was stopped by job xxxxx. then to rest server also not processed. is it possible to continue backup the rest server only?

vbr v9.5

thanks
hery
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup stopped by jobs

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Hery.

Any chance this backup job stores backup files for your VM separately (per-VM backup files option is enabled on the repository level)?
hery.scs
Novice

Post by hery.scs »

hi Dima

this backup is only take the latest full backup from D2D backup (VMs) which is already in repository to existing tapes.

thanks
hery
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks Hery. I am afraid there is nothing you can do and you have to start a new tape job run. To avoid this situation in future you can enable Prevent this job from being interrupted by source backup jobs option in tape job schedule.
hery.scs
Novice

Post by hery.scs »

hi Dima

what about the protect feature in vbr? https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

there are 3 tapes of 7 in media set which already contain with data backup, meanwhile another 4 still empty tapes. what about if i protect these 3 tapes, and rerun the backup job? is it will continue on next tape (#4 to 7) without rewriting from tape #1-3?

thanks
hery
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hery,

During backup to tape job tape device writes backup files as data stream. In the job was interrupted or canceled, it’s impossible to identify where this stream was broken which makes the retry of the failed job impossible.