Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
backupnewbie
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Douglas Schmidt

Veeam Windows Agent V2.1 Recovery Disk

Post by backupnewbie »

I have 25 workstations that need data protection. I'm in the eval stage, and working in the lab now performing backups and restores, both full image and File Level Recovery (FLR). If the workstation to be protected has identical hardware (Hp 800G1 USDT) do I need a Recovery DVD for each workstation of identical type (same hardware configuration, memory, Model Number, etc)? Or can I just use one DVD generated from one particular Hp 800G1 workstation?

BTW, the workstations had the same software image when they were first setup, Incorporating Windows 7 SP1 - so they are pretty close but strictly speaking not identical with regards to software configuration.

On another matter... Veeam should consider a workstation imaging product... since they have developed most of the technology anyway. Are you guys/gals working on this?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Windows Agent V2.1 Recovery Disk

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Douglas.

If the hardware and operating systems are identical you are good to go with a single recovery media for all your computers. Cheers!
backupnewbie
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Douglas Schmidt

Re: Veeam Windows Agent V2.1 Recovery Disk

Post by backupnewbie » 1 person likes this post

I did some lab work and just confirmed this fact... but it was good to hear about it from someone who had more experience and knowledge of the product.

Thank You Kindly,

Backupnewbie