Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Moro
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marco Morini

No more reverse incremental?

Post by Moro »

Hi, after upgraded to version 2.1.0.423 FREE i noticed that in the backup folder the full backup file is no longer the most recent.
It's instead the older file followed by the incremental backup files.
I assume that the Agent is not performing reverse incremental anymore.
It's useful for me to have the most recent file as a full backup because i copy this file daily on a RD1000 that could not hold the entire file chain.
Is there a way to have reverse incremental back again?
Thank you very much.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: No more reverse incremental?

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Marco.
Moro wrote:I assume that the Agent is not performing reverse incremental anymore.
Veeam Agent for Windows never had reversed incremental backup mode. In v1 we had forever forward incremental and later we've added an option to perform periodic full backups.
Moro
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marco Morini

Post by Moro »

Hi Dima,
thank you for your quick answer!
Yes i believe i misanderstood 'reverse incremental' with 'forever forward incremental'.
I know the new option to perform a periodic full backup but though i leave it disabled the last backup file is no longer a full backup as it was before.
Also i noticed the Agent is not performing 'Full backup file merge' during backup task as it did before.
I have another Server with Agent version 2.0.0.700 installed that do the merge and create a full backup file every run.
I miss that feature.
Thank you again.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Moro wrote:I have another Server with Agent version 2.0.0.700 installed that do the merge and create a full backup file every run.
Thanks. This behavior does not sound expected, so kindly submit a support case via Control Panel > Support and share you case Id in this thread.