Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
telecotek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon Lieberman

SureBackup Virtual Lab hung 'Performing Restore tasks' 99%

Post by telecotek »

I have an Application Group consisting of a domain controller and a file server. That application group is assigned to a a virtual lab. I ran a sure backup of this virtual lab everything seems to be ok. I can see my virtual lab guests up on the host but the job is hung at 99%. I wasn't planning on using this as my routine backup as I have other individual backup job for each vm. I'm worried if those jobs run against these machines while this task is hung i could have a problem. Has anyone seen this before or have any recommendations? I may disable the job for this evening until i have a chance to call support in the morning.

veeam B&R 9.5.0.1536
Hyper-V 2012R2
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: SureBackup Virtual Lab hung 'Performing Restore tasks' 9

Post by tdewin »

Did you enable "keep application group running"? If yes, disable it, it is there to make a lab environment that does not shutdown automatically
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
telecotek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jon Lieberman

Post by telecotek »

I guess I'm a little confused on how this is supposed to work. I do have that box checked. But the verbiage is a little confusing

To leave VMs from the application group running after the SureBackup job finishes, select the Keep the application group running after the job completes check box. With this option enabled, the lab will not be powered off when the SureBackup job completes, and you will be able to perform application item-level restore (U-AIR) and manually test VMs started in the virtual lab.

I read that and assumed the job would eventually complete and I would be left with the 2 vm's that I could power off after testing. But I guess not?
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

So indeed when you use the "keep application group running" option, the job doesn't finishes. The idea is that if you stop the job (after you are done doing manual tests), that it will clean up the lab environment (e.g. shutdown VM's and remove them).

If you want the job to end automatically, disable the option. Do keep in mind that the application group will be kept running during the whole surebackup job, and will be shutdown at the end of the test, even with the checkbox disabled