Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Billy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Billy Lui

Perpetual License on Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by Billy »

Hi all,

I am planning to change the backup solution from existing backup software to Veeam, It's fine on VM side (Use Veeam backup and Replication for my hyper-v environment),
but still remain 2 physical Exchange Server need to take care of it, and I would like to use Veeam Agent for Windows on those server.
Unfortunately, I just find the subscription options on website, may I know if Veeam Agent for Windows have Perpetual License available? :?

Regards,
Billy
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Perpetual License on Veeam Agent for Windows

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Billy,

Veeam Agent for Windows supports only subscription based licensing model and does not have perpetual license of any kind. Can you point me to the website page you are referring too? Thanks!
Billy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Billy Lui

Post by Billy »

Hi Dima P.,

I just refer the pricing list from veeam.

https://www.veeam.com/agents-windows-linux-pricing.html

And may I know if "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE" can restore exchange items (like mailbox) by Veeam B&R ?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks! The provided information is correct and you can get the subscription license as stated on the website.
Billy wrote:And may I know if "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE" can restore exchange items (like mailbox) by Veeam B&R ?
Yes you can use Veeam Explores with backup files made by VAW Free but it's a manual process (as VAW FREE does not collect any application metadata)